A Conservative Discussion on Race, Justice & Opportunity
Conservatives have a history of leading on issues of justice, human rights, and equality of opportunity. Conservative MP William Wilberforce led the fight to abolish slavery in the British empire, and in Canada we elected the first visible minority, the first Black, and the first Muslim MP, among many other firsts. As discussions continue about racial justice and equality around the world, Conservatives can lead again.
MP Garnett Genuis (Conservative Shadow Minister for Multiculturalism) is pleased to invite you to a day-long online conference on the theme of “The Pursuit of a More Just Society”. This will be a discussion on race, justice, and opportunity, featuring prominent conservatives from a broad range of communities, with expertise in economic opportunity, policing, and many other key areas. Whether you are a long time activist, or someone brand new who is looking to get your feet wet, this conference is for you.
This conference will be streaming online, but only those who are registered and signed into the call will be able to ask questions of our speakers, and registration numbers are limited by our call capacity. Registration is free, so please sign up today to secure your spot.
Opening remarks and welcome by MP Garnett Genuis
11:30 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. ET
Removing Barriers to Political Participation
11:45 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. ET
• MP Jasraj Singh Hallan (Calgary Forest Lawn)
• Lilly Obina, Former Municipal Candidate for Gloucester-Southgate Ward, Ottawa
• MP Kenny Chiu (Steveston–Richmond East)
• Jermaine Chambers, Former Municipal Candidate for Brampton, Ontario
• Dr. Akolisa Ufodike, Chair of the Association of Black Conservatives
• MP Raquel Dancho (Kildonan–St. Paul)
Promoting Equal Economic Opportunity
1:15 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. ET
• MP Jag Sahota (Calgary Skyview)
• Hon. MP Tim Uppal (Edmonton Mill Woods)
• Isaac Olowolafe, President of Dream Maker Inc.
• Hon. MPP Prabmeet Singh Sarkaria (Brampton South) Associate Minister of Small Business and Red Tape Reduction
• Tabatha Bull, President & CEO of Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business
• MP Ziad Aboultaif (Edmonton Manning)
Policing and Criminal Justice
2:45 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. ET
• Jesus Bondo, Legislative Assistant
• Devon Clunis, Former Chief of Police Winnipeg Police Service
• Cyara Bird, 2019 Conservative Candidate of Record, Churchill—Keewatinook Aski
• MP Richard Bragdon (Tobique–Mactaquac)
• MP Rob Morrison (Kootenay–Columbia)
• Sgt. Carl DeJong, Ottawa Police Department
Diaspora Communities and Foreign Policy
4:15 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. ET
• MP Garnett Genuis (Sherwood Park–Fort Saskatchewan)
• Fr. Dcn. Andrew Bennett, Director, North America Action Team & Senior Fellow at the Religious Freedom Institute
• Sen. Salma Ataullahjan, Deputy Chair of Canadian Senate Human Rights Committee
• David Cooper, Vice President, Government Relations CIJA
• Idee Inyangadour, VP Global at Wellington Advocacy Inc.
July 30, 2020 at 11:30am - 5:30pm